As the premier global provider of Strategic Enterprise Education (SEE), InStride enables employers to provide career-boosting degrees to their employees, through leading global academic institutions across the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Australia. InStride helps organizations achieve transformative business and social impact by unlocking the power of education, through advanced technology-enabled experiences for learners and corporate partners alike.
InStride is looking for an ambitious, organized, and hard-working Staff Accountant to bolster the accounting team in downtown Los Angeles. As a Staff Accountant, you will work alongside the accounting team and interact with teams across the organization to review, enter, and manage InStride’s accounting transactions as well as ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial systems and reporting. You will also be integral in the company’s billing and accounts receivable processes and will be regularly interacting with our stakeholders to provide world-class service.
The ideal candidate will work well in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritize responsibilities in our rapidly growing and dynamic company. The Staff Accountant should have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills, as well as a desire to continually learn and be proactive in identifying and assisting with the implementation of processes to strengthen the accounting function. The Staff Accountant should also have a great attention to detail and a professional presence when interacting with stakeholders. This position will report to the Controller.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders for billing and inquiries
- Maintain documentation for accounting transactions and functions
- Manage the monthly expense report process
- Research and correct account discrepancies
- Prepare journal entries
- Assist with period-end close processes and reconciliations
- Update support schedules, including cash flow, prepaids, and fixed assets
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Support year-end audit requests and inquiries
- Process special requests and ad-hoc projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years of experience in similar or related role in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of general accounting practices
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with NetSuite or similar ERP and API integrations
- Expertise using Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and exercise good judgment
- Ability to effectively prioritize, meet and establish deadlines, and work under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- A strong work ethic and desire to continually grow and develop professionally
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Read Full Job Description