Who we are...
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for…
We are looking for an energetic and detailed-driven staff accountant to keep our company financials precise. Successful candidates will have a natural passion for numbers, and a strong understanding of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, cash flow, and other financial transactions within an organization. This person will effectively communicate across multiple business units, while supporting the optimization of department policies and infrastructure. This role will provide you with the unique opportunity to learn from experienced finance and real estate professionals, hospitality experts, and tech builders. More importantly, you will do so in a fun and creative environment where everyone’s voice is heard.
What you’ll do...
- Process invoices daily for vendors, employees, independent contractors, sales commission and other misc. payments
- Assist with weekly credit card and bank reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial reporting in a timely manner, including balance sheet, income statements and cash flow statements
- Reconcile reservation folios on a weekly basis
- Reconcile W-9 information and review annual W-9 reports for all employees and vendors
- Set up new vendors in our accounts payable platform
- Work across departments to achieve accounting initiatives
- Help implement employee policies and procedures
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of full-cycle accounting and payroll experience.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of hospitality/ real estate experience.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of NetSuite experience.
- Must be highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, autonomous and able to drive results.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Perks and Benefits
- Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Opportunity...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Read Full Job Description