Crunch the numbers to a better gig. One of the Best Places to Work in LA has an opening for a Staff Accountant. Join Boingo, One of the Best Places to Work in LA! We are looking for a motivated Staff Accountant with 3+ years of experience in general accounting. You’ll play an important part in the month-end close and help maintain the integrity and accuracy of the financial statements. You’ll work closely with business partners throughout the organization and help Boingo’s leaders make smart financial decisions. We value our accounting team as smart business partners. You will work alongside a close-knit team and learn all aspects of the business.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for month-end close. Ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with US GAAP
- Analyze bandwidth circuit costs, determine proper accruals, and explain variances vs budget/forecast
- Record monthly entries for finance equipment leases and financed maintenance contracts
- Review additions to prepaid accounts, record monthly amortization, and ensure proper classification between short-term / long-term
- Review debt agreements, prepare interest amortization schedules, and record deferred financing costs
- Review invoices for letter of credit fees, line of credit fees, other bank fees and reconcile vs. monthly accruals.
- Record monthly accruals for bonuses, commissions, Board of Directors fees and other accruals
- Prepare quarterly/annual schedules for 10-Q/10-K disclosures
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and policies and procedures in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Assist with completion of audit requests/inquiries from external auditors and other third parties
- Drive process improvements and identify opportunities for cost savings
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis and special projects
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of progressive general accounting experience
- Public accounting experience, CPA a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented, proactive, with the ability to work well independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g., vlookups, pivots tables, etc.)
- Oracle Fusion experience a plus
- Mobile Internet, e-commerce, telecommunications or Wi-Fi related industries a plus
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. (You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here. #humblebrag). But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy – think summer picnics, bowling nights, in-house yoga classes, costume contests, massages and food trucks. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and an incredible benefits package including equity, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.