Gunpowder & Sky (“G&S”), founded by Van Toffler, Floris Bauer and Otter Media (an AT&T affiliate), is a new global studio focused on developing, producing, financing, and distributing series, feature films, channel brands and other entertainment formats distributed primarily through digital platforms as their first window.
G&S is growing rapidly and is seeking a highly detailed Staff Accountant, responsible for providing accounting support to the Controller within the accounting department.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience in general accounting practices and is highly detailed with a go-getter mentality and thrives in a fast-paced start-up like organization.
- Enter invoices, expense reports and corporate cards
- Setup new vendors / customers
- Bank reconciliations
- Manage wires and check payments
- Invoice customers and apply receipts
- Monitor bank accounts and assist with cash forecasting
- Prepare journal entries as part of monthly close (prepaid, accruals, deferred costs, intercompany, amortization etc.)
- Reconciliation of accounts for monthly close
- 1-2 years of accounting experience, specifically in A/P, A/R and standard bookkeeping
- Understanding of GAAP principles
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and well-organized
- Candidate must have superior analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Entertainment and digital media experience a plus
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience is highly preferred.