Staff Accountant at Riot Games
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot’s offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength, speed, and intelligence -- financial and otherwise. We strive to innovate and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. Our team contains experts from fields like tax and treasury, travel and purchasing, FP&A, and more. If we’re not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in finance.
As Staff Accountant, your precise and timely work maintaining accurate financial records will ensure that we keep the lights on, the servers humming and the games launching. Your hands-on accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principles ensure the general ledger is keeping Riot on firm footing. Your real passion for accurate financial reporting will help to ensure Riot can stay focused on our players throughout the globe.Responsibilities:
- Participate in all activities related to full-cycle accounting, including building journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Research unusual transactions and follow up with other groups to get more information. Discuss the findings with the accounting team to conclude on the proper accounting treatment.
- Maintain a tight monthly reporting schedule according to established time-frames
- Investigate fluctuations and monitor trends in the accounts. Work with other teams to gain a deep understanding of the story behind the movements.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Accurately enter transactions utilizing Oracle.
- Improve existing processes by finding ways to add efficiency or quality.
- Handle multiple projects and ad hoc requests
- Collaborate with your teammates in both local and international offices.
- Engage in training opportunities for yourself and the broader team.
- The right person for this role is an excellent communicator and sets a high bar for themselves and their work product, is hardworking and intellectually curious, and can effectively problem seek in a dynamic environment.
- BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Minimum of two years experience in public or corporate accounting
- CPA preferred
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.