The Staff Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the maintenance of the general ledger by researching and preparing journal entries for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts. Review and research variances.
- Provide analysis and fluctuation variance explanations related to financial statements.
- Prepare financial supporting schedules for external auditors.
- Work with internal and external customers in resolving accounting issues.
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement process improvements.
- Assist with other ad-hoc or project related responsibilities as needed to support the Finance Department.
- Two or more years of experience in accounting is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business with emphasis in accounting is required.
- CPA designation preferred but not required.
- Experience with large ERP system preferred.
- Must possess intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to multi-task across a broad range of responsibilities and work in a dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented to consistently produce high quality, accurate, and complete work products.
- Must be self-motivated, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong analytical skills.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Technology, start-up and/or rapid growth company experience preferred.