Staff Accountant (Greater LA Area, CA)
NINJIO is a cybersecurity awareness training company that empowers individuals and organizations to become defenders against cyber threats. The Company offers engaging, 3 to 4-minute Hollywood-style micro-learning videos that teach organizations, employees and families about cybersecurity, breaches, and easily avoidable threats. Combining the Company’s award-winning training with NINJIO PHISH, a natively integrated phishing simulator that allows customers to test and quantify human vulnerability safely and proactively, gives the organizations that NINJIO serves a feature-rich Cybersecurity Awareness Solution.
We are looking for a motivated Staff Accountant to help support accounting functions within the organization. The duties of the Staff Accountant include maintaining the general ledger to ensure accuracy of the financials. The Staff Accountant will help code invoices, set up new accounts, reconcile accounts, and assist in month end close. The ideal candidate should have 3 to 5 years of experience in this accounting role. Big 4 experience is not necessary, but if you have experience working in a startup or small corporate accounting role, we’d like to meet you! Ultimately, a successful Staff Accountant with NINJIO will have a can-do attitude, be flexible and a team player. Experience in cybersecurity, education, or high tech SAAS a huge plus.
- Perform general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Maintain the general ledger.
- Reconcile accounts such as prepaid, accrued liabilities, fixed assets, and intangibles.
- Maintain reconciliation files and prepare necessary journal entries.
- Reconcile bank accounts, verify deposits, and cash disbursements.
- Assist in financial audits such as requests from external auditors.
- Perform accounts payable such as receiving invoices, proper general ledger coding, obtaining proper approval for payment processing, and timely payment.
- Answer to accounts payable emails/vendor questions.
- Prepare and file 1099 forms.
- Other accounting and ad hoc projects as required.
- At least three years of related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, preferred.
- Experience working with a startup company is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
- Intermediate Excel required, V-Look Ups, Pivot Tables a plus.
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication
- Problem Solving
Benefits You Will Receive:
- Health Insurance subsidy for you and your dependents
- Paid Time Off
- Free snacks and drinks
- Company paid lunch
- Casual office
- Free parking
This role will be in our Westlake Village, CA office. We do offer hybrid work options if applicable to the role.
NINJIO requires all employees to be vaccinated or have an approved accommodation exemption. Proof of vaccination will be requested upon hire