Staff Accountant (Rotation Program Recent Graduates)
LegalZoom is the nation’s leading provider of personalized, online legal solutions and legal documents for small businesses and families. We are a high-growth, fast-paced company, with a mission to disrupt the legal industry by bringing great legal help to people at a reasonable price. We believe in hard work, passion for what we do and how we deliver, and innovation in all areas of the organization.
As part of this dynamic team, the global Finance team is seeking a recent college graduate with an Accounting degree who is familiar with a variety of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures. We seek an individual who embraces challenges and can rely on his/her experience, educational background and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
This individual will inaugurate LegalZoom’s accounting graduate rotation program, wherein candidate will transition between various accounting teams including but not limited to Corporate Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Tax, and Revenue. The rotations will span 2-3 years, after which candidate will meet the experience requirements to obtain a CPA license. Aspiration to sit for the CPA exam is highly recommended.
What you’ll do:
- Provide ownership over the following areas of accounting including:expense accruals, deferred costs and prepaid expense amortization schedules, cash transactions, cost of sales entries and bank reconciliations;
- Prepare journal entries as part of daily, weekly, and monthly close reviews;
- Responsible for reconciling and reviewing balance sheet accounts
- Prepare and review expense accruals for completeness and accuracy and provide commentary and explanations;
- Analyze and comment on monthly, quarterly, annual variances within income statement and balance sheet line items;
- Assist in the review and documentation of internal control and provide recommendations for improvement or automation where necessary;
- Ability to interact and work with our business units to determine proper accounting treatment for various transactions;
- Ability to work with external auditors and support financial statement, tax and other audits, as necessary;
- Assist with adhoc reports and requests from the business; and
- Expand and transition into new roles and responsibilities on a periodic basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required;
- Commitment to obtaining CPA license within 2-3 years of hire;
- Have an interest in transitioning between multiple areas of accounting: general Ledger, tax, accounts payable, payroll, and revenue;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office including advanced in Excel;
- Ability to comprehend new technical accounting standards and apply to areas of ownership;
- Strong documentation and communication skills;
- Critical thinking and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Collaboration and able to work within a team environment;
- Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment; and
- Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple deliverables.
Legalzoom is a Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.