Staff Accountant - Cash
Leaf Group is looking for a Staff Accountant - Cash to work from our Santa Monica, CA office.
Leaf Group is a house of digital brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories, including Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com and MyPlate) and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, Society6 and Hunker). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate, creative audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: Sr. Manager, Accounting
A typical day as a Staff Accountant - Cash might include:
- Record transactions related to cash such as deposits, fund transfers, cash related activity etc. Timely administration and constant monitoring of cash management system. Work closely with Accounts Payable team in order to cross check payables against withdrawals from bank accounts.
- Participate in month-end close processes, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations of accounts. Set up accrual analysis files as assigned.
- Analyze large volumes of data by developing Excel spreadsheet reports to track items. Ability to analyze financial information and summarize financial status. Communicate discrepancies and variances to appropriate teams in order to make adjustments.
- Work closely with Oracle team to research and investigate reconciliation issues as data moves between systems. Troubleshoot data feeds and provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and related systems. Assist implementation efforts as required.
- Assist external auditors by providing support and ensuring all information is delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of accounting processes for Sarbanes-Oxley purposes. Assist SOX internal control reviews.
You’ll be successful if you are a positive, proactive accounting professional with experience handling day-to-day accounting.
What You Have:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- Qualified candidates will have 1-2 years of progressive work experience preferred. Accounting and financial analysis experience desirable.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel is required. Oracle knowledge is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to research discrepancies and solve problems.
- Skilled in analyzing and interpreting data.
- Aptitude for data mining and manipulation, utilizing multiple data sources to create basic and advanced reports.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with business partners.
- Strong team player who works well in a in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Willing to work extra hours during quarter-end and year-end closes in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Leaf Group is Built In LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Leaf Group is Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.