Sr. Tax Manager
Business and finance go hand-in-hand. That's why we believe in recruiting well-rounded individuals who not only have the financial expertise and experience, but also have a business-minded vision. If you've got both plus strong analytical skills and can think strategically inside and outside of the box, we're looking for individuals like you to join our growing Finance Team.
LegalZoom.com is seeking a Tax Manager to join our Finance team. We are seeking a highly-motivated professional with experience in income tax accounting ASC 740 including foreign and multi-state issues with the provision. Experience will also include assessing key tax issues and researching tax issues in conjunction with the tax provision. This position will report to the Senior Director of Tax and will have frequent interaction with the Finance department.
What you'll do:
- Lead and support the preparation and documentation of the Company's quarterly and year-end worldwide tax provision
- Lead and support the management and reconciliation of worldwide income tax related accounts and maintenance of SOX controls.
- Research various issues to ensure compliance with changing regulations and rules.
- Assist with special projects and modeling as related to corporate initiatives, legislative proposals, and acquisitions/divestitures as needed.
- Provide support and preparation of schedules with outside tax advisors for the information necessary to complete preparation of federal, state, and local tax returns and estimated tax payments as well as the apportionment schedules for the tax provision.
- Lead, support and assist with responses to Federal and State notices and audit requests as needed.
- Support and assist with other ad-hoc projects, including stock-based compensation, NOL utilization, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, acquisition related due diligence and purchase accounting tax-related issues.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field (Must have taken specific courses related to taxation.)
- 3- 5 years' experience in corporate taxation, preferably in Public Accounting
- Strong tax accounting background with knowledge in ASC 740
- Excellent business writing and communication skills.
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.