Reporting to the Controller, this role will support the operational accounting function and provide technical accounting guidance on complex accounting issues and transactions as well as play a key role in understanding and adopting new accounting literature.
THE SR. MANAGER, TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL REPORTING HAS EIGHT MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research technical accounting matters and prepare well-written memorandums and presentations articulating these matters, including Revenue Recognition, Leases, Stock-based Compensation, and other specific transactions
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Regulation S-X
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual close processes and take ownership of entries around complex and technical matters.
- Assist with the documentation and implementation of internal controls around various processes.
- Collaborate with external auditors on annual audit and interim review procedures.
- Identify, evaluate impact, and implement new accounting standards
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments and liaise with company management, product, engineering, sales, customer success, and internal subject matter experts on business initiatives.
- Support ad-hoc requests
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Adoption of new lease standard
- Take ownership of Stock Based Compensation Accounting
- Build out quarterly financial statement templates
- Implement controls and update process narratives
- Memo on technical matters
- Month end close entries
- Support public company readiness
- Completion of deliverables on a timeline
- Accuracy of entries for month end close
- Analytical and data-driven
- Critical thinker
- Able to balance multiple priorities
- Commitment to deadlines
- Must Have
- CPA License required
- 6+ years of relevant experience;
- 4+ years of public accounting with Big 4 required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Nice to Have
- NetSuite experience preferred
- IPO readiness experience