- Owning the month-end close which would include reviewing all revenue, cost of sales, and inventory related journal entries and account reconciliations. This includes reserves for refunds, membership and product revenue deferrals, capitalized freight and receiving costs, inventory obsolescence reserves, etc.
- Reporting on all weekly and monthly revenue and margin information
- Review all inventory purchase price variances, purchase unit variances, and inventory adjustments to validate accuracy, determine proper accounting treatment, and identify root causes. Partner with accounts payable, procurement, and fulfillment center staff to resolve and improve processes as needed.
- Develop and implement monthly reporting of fulfillment center cycle count activities, designed to monitor compliance with our cycle count program policies, report count variance statistics, and evaluate program efficiency (FC hours/location counted).
- Lead the testing and validation effort on all revenue and inventory related system implementations, including our current project to integrate our order management system with NetSuite.
- Review reconciliations of data in the warehouse management system and NetSuite and work with the technology team to identify root causes and implement corrections needed.
- Act as the accounting lead on all key strategic initiatives impacting revenue and inventory management. This may include receiving automation projects, implementation of lot # controls, expansion into additional warehouses, etc.
- Identify control gaps and build out new controls and processes as needed to strengthen our control environment and improve accounting and reporting accuracy.
- Other ad hoc analysis and reporting, as needed
- A minimum of 7 years progressive accounting experience, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have experience in inventory accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or coursework in accounting required
- CPA Preferred
- Experience at startup or high growth company preferred.
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Dog Friendly Office
- On-site Yoga
- 401k plan
- Stocked kitchen
- Lunch provided 5 days per week
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products