Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
The Viant Finance team seeks a Sr. Budget and Forecast Manager, responsible for all aspects of financial planning and analysis including maintaining the budget and providing timely and accurate forecasts, reporting and analytics as required for the leadership team. This is a highly analytical, hands-on role in a fast-paced environment, requiring the ideal candidate to perform effectively as an individual and collaboratively as part of a team. The Senior Budget and Forecast Manager will be reporting to the Sr. Director of Corporate Finance, collaborating closely with the VP of Corporate Finance and the EVP of Corporate Finance & Accounting, and interfacing with the CFO and other key stakeholders.
- Development of all budgets, forecasts and supporting analysis, requiring the ability to build and maintain sophisticated Excel financial models utilizing the latest best practices and dynamic formulas.
- Preparation of the monthly financial reporting and analysis package consisting of: monthly actual vs. budget and prior year variance analysis, dashboards with executive commentary, EBITDA bridges, and reporting on a number of key performance indicators and ad hoc analyses to support business initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Accounting team to support various close procedures.
- Providing leadership in re-designing and implementing changes and controls to automate and streamline current models and processes.
- Preparation of Board decks and associated support schedules, reports, presentations and other analysis for senior management to ensure management has access to timely and relevant data for strategic decisions.
- Contribute to the earnings preparation process, including: Forecasts, presentations, scripts, and other financial-related materials.
- Providing support and working closely with the EVP of Corporate Finance & Accounting, the Corporate Finance team, and the Accounting staff.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- 2+ years of experience managing people and/or projects
- Experience in Big 4, investment banking, private equity or a private equity-backed company a plus
- Experience working at an AdTech/Digital Media company a plus
- BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, and/or Mathematics (CPA, MBA and/or CFA a plus)
- Advanced financial modeling skills (including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement); strong Excel experience required
- Strong analytical thinker with an eye for relevant detail, priority management and planning capabilities
- In depth understanding of key accounting concepts and the interaction between an income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions
- Strong communications skills to clearly present key issues and recommended actions
- Excellent interpersonal and refined relationship-building skills
- Ability to summarize granular data into high-level executive management analysis and presentations
- Motivation, aptitude and presence to interact with and participate in projects with senior management
- Maintains trust and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to multi-task conflicting priorities simultaneously
- Self-starter who is consistently proactive and uses time efficiently and has a “figure it out” mentality
- Experience with and comfortable working through ambiguity and building processes / reporting from scratch
- Willingness to go the extra mile, manage own workload, and work overtime as needed
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 10 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.