Sr. Analyst, FP&A (Forecasting) at Inspire
As a Senior Analyst on the Financial Planning and Analysis team, you will be responsible for working cross functionally with our sales, business development, and commercial strategy teams to develop and maintain our sales forecasts across products, channels, markets, and customer types. Using advanced modeling techniques you will be responsible for generating and maintaining our overall financial forecast. You will also work with each department to develop and maintain forecasts for their SG&A spend. In success, you will maintain the financial roadmap for the company and provide critical guidance back to the business. You will be a crucial part of a team committed to expanding our renewable energy footprint and driving a brighter energy future.
THE SR. ANALYST, FP&A HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Weekly Sales Reforecasts: Perform weekly sales reforecasts using the data we are seeing in the field to inform our expectations
- Weekly Financial Reforecasts: Regularly construct and modify our financial forecast based on the data we are seeing across our operations, sales, and accounting teams
- Monthly, Annual, and 3 Year Business Forecasts: Maintain multiple forecasts for our business with a recurring and consistent process for revising and updating our expectations
- Departmental Budgets: Work with each department to project their financial needs using data from our accounting team on historical performance
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- Maintain and communicate a weekly sales reforecast
- Employ advanced financial modelling techniques to derive our financial performance expectations from our updates sales forecast
- Sit down with the heads of each department on a monthly basis to level set on department financials and resourcing needs
- The role is measured on the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of the forecasts and the reforecast process
- This role is meant to help provide the roadmap for our business and will be an essential piece of our overall planning; crucial to that end will be the ability to do sophisticated scenario analysis and risk modeling to capture the potential impacts of deviations from our plan
- Analytical - must be able to develop frameworks for evaluating problems and have the technical skills to run an analysis to ground and communicate the results
- Articulate - must be able to distill down complex topics and communicate them clearly to a variety of audiences
- Driven - must be internally driven to succeed with insatiable curiosity and a determination to deliver on high impact goals
- Persevering - must be able to handle a fast paced role with competing priorities and short deadlines
- Must Have
- Exceptional analytical abilities
- Fluency in excel-based financial modelling
- Data analytics experience
- Experience communicating complex analyses to different audiences
- Nice to Have
- Investment banking experience
- Management consulting experience
- Venture Capital or Private Equity experience
- Experience leading a team
- Experience presenting analyses to C-Suite
- Tableau, SQL, Python experience
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected movement towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!