Sr. Analyst, Financial Strategy
As a Senior Analyst on the Financial Strategy team, you will work cross functionally at the intersection of Sales and Commercial Strategy as part of a team responsible for defining and supporting our growth strategy through data-driven analyses. You will be expected to evaluate our growth across markets and products, ideate and test opportunities to improve performance, and provide guidance back to the business that will inform our overall business strategy. You will be a crucial part of a team committed to expanding our renewable energy footprint and driving a brighter energy future.
THE SENIOR ANALYST, FINANCIAL STRATEGY HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Driving Growth Strategy: Using data driven decision frameworks to steer our growth strategy across markets, products, and sales teams in an effort to optimize the volume and quality of customers on our platform.
- Providing Guidance on Opportunities and Risks to Our Growth Forecast: Standing on the front lines of our business using advanced forecasting models to identify opportunities and risks to our growth forecast and guiding the business on how to respond.
- Analyzing and Understanding Business Performance: Using dashboards and regular reporting to track our performance across key indicators.
- Communicating Business Performance and Strategies to the Leadership Team: Presenting reports on business performance and recommendations for the evolution of our business strategy to internal stakeholders including our leadership team on a regular cadence.
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- In partnership with Sales and Commercial Strategy, develop and implement a strategy for maximizing our originated gross profit and EBITDA
- Using a champion-challenger framework, test relentlessly in an effort to understand the relationships we see across KPIs and use the understanding to optimize our overall business performance
- Continue to improve our process for evaluating new and existing sales partners
- Lead internal operating strategy discussions in partnership with Commercial Strategy
- Provide strategic support on corporate development initiatives including capital raises and M&A activity
- Development and execution of strategies to improve our originated gross margin through improving sales, optimizing product pricing, successful market and product management, and successful deployment of sales enablement tools.
- Timely and thoughtful analytic support across our entire origination function using data-driven analyses with a bias to action.
- Analytical - must be able to develop frameworks for evaluating problems and have the technical skills to run an analysis to ground and communicate the results
- Articulate - must be able to distill down complex topics and communicate them clearly to a variety of audiences
- Driven - must be internally driven to succeed with insatiable curiosity and a determination to deliver on high impact goals
- Persevering - must be able to handle a fast paced role with competing priorities and short deadlines
- Must Have
- Exceptional analytical abilities
- Fluency in excel-based financial modeling
- Data analytics experience
- Experience communicating complex analyses to different audiences
- Nice to Have
- Investment banking experience
- Management consulting experience
- Venture Capital or Private Equity experience
- Experience leading a team
- Experience presenting analyses to C-Suite
- Tableau, SQL, Python experience
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!