LegalZoom is the nation’s leading provider of personalized, online legal solutions and legal documents for small businesses and families. We are a high-growth, fast-paced company, with a mission to disrupt the legal industry by bringing great legal help to people at a reasonable price. We believe in hard work, passion for what we do and how we deliver, and innovation in all areas of the organization.
The Senior Accountant, Payroll and Benefits, will be responsible the accounting and financial reporting of payroll and benefits for the Company and its domestic subsidiaries. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator and have a sound understanding of compensation and benefits.
What you’ll do:
- Support and report to the Group Manager, Payroll, HRIS & Analytics and Senior Manager, Accounting & Consolidation
- Provide ownership of monthly accounting for payroll, compensation and benefits
- Preparation of journal entries for payroll and related account reconciliations
- Prepare and review internal financial reports and/or ancillary reports provide commentary and explanations
- Analyze and comment on monthly, quarterly, annual variances within income statement and balance sheet line items
- Assist in the review and documentation of internal control and provide recommendations for improvement or automation
- Interact and work with our Finance team and business units
- Work with external auditors and support financial statement, tax and other audits
- Assist with adhoc reports and requests from People Operations and Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- 3-4+ years accounting and industry experience
- Proficiency in general ledger ERP systems either Oracle JD Edwards or Cloud a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft office including advanced Excel
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Critical thinking and work with minimal supervision
- Collaboration and work within a team environment
- Exercise sound and independent judgment
- Manage time and prioritize multiple deliverables.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.