InStride is a public benefit company whose mission is to develop the workforce of the future by helping employers provide career-boosting education opportunities to their employees through a network of high-quality academic institutions. We believe the most enduring way for companies to achieve transformative business and social impact is by investing in their people.
InStride is looking for an ambitious, organized, and hard-working Senior Accountant to manage the day-to-day accounting responsibilities and help establish scalable processes that impact the entire organization. As a Senior Accountant, you will collaborate with teams across the organization to review, enter, and manage InStride’s accounting transactions as well as ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial systems and reporting. You will also be integral in the company’s billing activities and will be regularly interacting with our partners to provide world-class service.
The ideal candidate will work well in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritize
responsibilities in a rapidly growing and dynamic company. The Senior Accountant should have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills, as well as a passion for continually learning and being proactive in identifying and assisting with the implementation of processes to strengthen the accounting function. The Senior Accountant should also have great attention to detail and a professional presence when interacting with partners. This position will be a part of the accounting team and will report to the Controller.
- Lead the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable cycles, including establishing system records, reviewing contracts and invoices, maintaining documents, entering data, acquiring approvals, and processing payments
- Interact with internal teams and external parties for billing and inquiries in a timely manner and with a dedication to quality and experience
- Create, improve, and document general operations for accounting transactions and functions
- Manage the monthly expense report process, including reviewing, communicating, resolving, and approving expense reports
- Prepare, review, and approve journal entries, account reconciliations, and support schedules as part of the monthly close process
- Assist with identifying risks, implementing controls, and maintaining supporting documentation to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Provide support for our year-end audit and tax requests, as well as the company budget
- Complete special requests and ad-hoc projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years of experience in a similar or related role in a dynamic or startup environment
- Knowledge of general accounting practices and US GAAP
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Enthusiasm for designing and building processes and systems
- Able to effectively prioritize, meet established goals, and perform in a fast and dynamic environment
- Adaptable and comfortable in a growing and flexible company
- Familiarity with NetSuite or similar ERP and API integrations
- Expertise using Microsoft Office (Excel) and Google Drive
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and exercise good judgment
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent critical thinking
- A strong work ethic and desire to continually grow and develop professionally
InStride is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please discuss your requested accommodation with our HRBP.