Senior Tax Accountant at LegalZoom
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:01 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, December 8, 2021
We're here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We're creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we're always looking for exceptional people to push us further.
With us, you'll do work that's as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we'll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
LegalZoom.com is seeking a Tax Accountant to join our Finance tax team. We are seeking a highly motivated professional with experience in indirect tax including multi-state income and sales and use taxes. Experience will also include assessing and researching key issues arising in sales and use tax as well as income tax. This position will report to the Director of Tax and will have frequent interaction with all departments.
- Report to the Sr. Director of Tax and Sr. Tax Manager supporting the tax department with the preparation and research of state income tax and indirect taxes
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly sales tax, excise tax, and gross receipts tax returns for multiple states.
- Assist with filing of escheatment returns and research of escheatment issues
- Assist with various ad hoc tax projects, tax audits, and initiatives.
- Research various sales and use tax issues to ensure compliance with changing regulations and rules.
- Provide support and preparation of schedules with outside tax advisors for information necessary to complete the preparation of state and local income tax returns and estimated tax payments
- Assist with responses to tax notices and audit requests as needed.
- Assist with sales tax accruals and other analyses on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively to solve complex problems within a team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar field (Must have taken specific courses related to taxation.)
- 2- 4 years' experience in state and local income tax compliance, in Public Accounting or industry, CPA preferred but not required.
- Excellent business writing and communication skills.
- Advanced excel skills
- Software knowledge of Vertex, JDE, and Oracle would be preferred but not required.
- Ability to support multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to embrace change and encourage team members to do the same
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion , and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment . LegalZoom prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Read Full Job Description