Senior Tax Accountant
The Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for managing and coordinating with tax services providers all corporate tax filings, tax documentation, tax contingencies, compliance, tax provision consolidations and annual filings, as well as handling local tax filings and any other tax related projects. The Senior Tax Accountant will also prepare tax journal entries, US and international filings, as well as work closely with senior management and other personnel to help drive efficiency within the global tax function. You must be comfortable working in a high-growth environment and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
What you'll do:
- Support external tax advisors on preparation of federal and state income tax returns and other tax projects
- Calculation of federal and state estimated tax payments
- Manage other tax requirements including sales & use, city and property tax.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and year-end tax provisions
- Tax account reconciliations and analyses
- Manage payroll tax filings
- Assist with R&D credit study, Cal Competes credit filings, 382 study, etc.
- Assist with international tax compliance in all Company’s foreign jurisdictions
- Assist with the administration of Federal and state tax audits, when applicable
- Investigate and respond to notices from various taxing authorities
- Research tax issues and document conclusions
- Assist with other projects, as needed
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline is required
- Master’s degree in Taxation is a plus.
- At least two years of public accounting is required.
- Big 4 experience and CPA is extremely preferred.
- Must have audit or private industry experience with a global organization.
- Tax provision experience is required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail while maintaining big picture awareness.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Advanced MS Word and MS Excel skills.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Technology, start-up and/or rapid growth company experience preferred.