Senior Strategic Finance Associate - Vehicle & Supply Chain
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Senior Associates on the finance team will work closely with our operations, supply chain and vehicle teams to support Bird’s financial and procurement strategy, planning, and analysis efforts in a global, hyper growth environment. In addition to driving and supporting our total company strategic planning, forecasting, and reporting, you will investigate and synthesize complex data sets to deliver data-driven decision support to the senior leaders of our business. This team brings analytical rigor to Bird’s overall business model, unit economics, new products and expansion efforts worldwide.
What You'll Do
- Build sophisticated financial models from scratch based on a deep understanding of unit economics, vehicle costs and logistics
- Partner with the vehicle team to develop financial and operational forecasts, cost/benefit comparisons, and assist with decision making and measuring financial impact related to expansion, capital structure, and new products
- Work closely with vehicles and supply chain team to formulate procurement strategy for logistics related vendors
- Think proactively about financial optimization across every facet of our business including operations, vehicles, supply chain, performance marketing, etc.
- Partner with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our results
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or other quantitative field
- Minimum of 3-5 years in FP&A, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, or Supply Chain at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization. Manufacturing/Hardware company experience a plus
- Elite Excel skills: you must be an expert in excel. Best-practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive
- Accounting: working knowledge of accounting and GAAP
- Systems: working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Attention to detail: consistent with swift execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours
- Excellent communication and people skills: numbers are key, but a business is built with people and you will manage several different stakeholders in finance the strategy and planning function, and beyond
- Analytical mindset: you get excited about deciphering huge data sets and cutting through irrelevant distractions to get to the heart of core data questions
- Self-starter and hands-on: You will take initiative, be proactive, set and follow through on goals and commit to your work. You’re not afraid to dig through invoices to obtain accurate data
- Significant SQL skills: the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Presentation skills: knowing how to structure effective presentations will increase your impact
Bonus Points If:
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description