About LegalZoomWe believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we've built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, we've helped millions of customers, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we've grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we're committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
OverviewLegalZoom is looking for a senior stock plan administrator will own the end-to-end process of equity administration. This is a highly visible position and requires a focus on customer service and ability to effectively interact, communicate and present ideas clearly with key stakeholders, including company officers. The ideal candidate is forward-thinking who continually sees the potential of improving processes and takes the initiative to drive them forward.
What you will do
- Own all aspects of the global equity incentive plans, including administration of new grants, stock releases, terminations, board approvals, etc.
- Design and conduct employee training and provide support to global employees on all equity related issues and questions.
- Partner with Legal, Finance and HR to ensure compliance with global reporting, including all equity related regulations in US and all foreign countries.
- Partner with Payroll to ensure proper tax withholdings including timely taxation and reporting.
- Partner with Finance to help maintain equity expense, share-count forecasts, equity burn rates, weighted average and dilutive shares for EPS, and other stock compensation modeling.
- Work with transfer agents and brokers for timely DWAC and reconciliation of shares.
- Maintain SOX compliance and controls on all aspects of the equity plan including documentation, testing and audit support.
- Coordinate Finance and Legal to support equity reporting required in SEC filings including Form 10-Q, 10-K and Proxy statements; and ad-hoc reports.
- Administer company's global ESPP plan, including enrollment, contribution changes, purchase of shares, ESPP limits and refund.
- Ensure timely filing of Section 16 reports (Form 3, 4 and 5).
Who you are
Education. 10+ years' experience in equity administration at a global publicly traded company. Bachelor's degree and active Certified Equity Professional accreditation required.
Experience. Familiar with US GAAP accounting principles for stock-based compensation and equity valuation models. Strong knowledge of domestic and international equity legal and tax compliance rules and reporting requirements.
Work ethic. Able to function in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and navigate areas of uncertainty. Manage multiple tasks under strict deadlines with meticulous attention to detail. Possess a strong work ethic and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as quarterly RSU releases, ESPP purchases, as well as quarter end and year end closes.
A communication pro . You articulate and provide clear materials with actionable synthesis and recommendations. You have strong listening skills and you naturally codify and write things down. Your audience is varied and you can modulate your communication style to maximize understanding.
EQ. Have a genuine ability to connect and engage with all levels of employees and management effectively while building, maintaining, and enhancing trust in a collaborative and positive environment.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity
Read Full Job Description