Senior Revenue Accountant at Boingo Wireless
COVID-19 update: Yes, Boingo is hiring! Through our vast footprint of wireless networks, Boingo helps the world stay connected to the people and things they love. Our mission is as important now, as ever.
The health, happiness, and welfare of our team – current and future teammates – is our top concern. Therefore, we’re conducting our “in-person” interviews via video. Social distancing can prove the power of virtual connection. We can still get to know one another, while following the latest public health recommendations. So, connect today, and help us continue to connect the world with the people and things they love.
Senior Revenue Accountant
Join Boingo Wireless as a Sr. Revenue Accountant! Primary responsibilities include revenue, accounts receivable, and revenue share accounting and reporting. We're a rapidly growing public company in Westwood! We are an amazing, close-knit, highly qualified accounting team. If you’re dedicated to your career & want to be appreciated & given room to grow, join Boingo!
- Revenue and accounts receivable accounting including the following:
- Analyzing customer contracts and preparing revenue recognition schedules in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Generating and submitting invoices timely and in accordance with the customer’s invoicing requirements and/or policies
- Researching and resolving payment discrepancies
- Actively pursuing collections on outstanding accounts receivable balances and recommending reserves and/or write-offs of customer account balances to management
- Preparing and processing invoice adjustments / credit memos / debit memos / refunds, and accounts receivable / sales / bad debt journal entries
- Assisting in revenue and accounts receivable projects and initiatives
- Revenue share accounting and reporting including the following:
- Analyzing venue contracts and monitoring revenue share requirements and triggers
- Performing revenue share calculations in accordance with the contracts and U.S. GAAP and analyzing monthly fluctuations
- Preparing and submitting revenue share reports to venue partners and other departments timely
- Assisting with venue audits
- Researching and resolving discrepancies and inquiries from venue partners and other departments
- Completing the monthly financial statement close in a timely manner related primarily to accounts receivable, revenue and revenue share accounting
- Assisting with fulfillment of audit and SOX requests from external auditors and other third parties
- Preparing routine and non-routine journal entries
- Coordinating and leading interdepartmental meetings
- Preparing account reconciliations and investigating and resolving reconciling differences
- Performing and/or preparing ad hoc analysis, tasks and reports
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls and policies and procedures to support the rapid growth and expansion of the company in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Driving process improvements and identifying opportunities for cost savings
- Performing other duties as assigned to support the Revenue/Accounts Receivable Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Preferred active or inactive U.S. CPA with over 2 years of public accounting experience
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting principles with a strong working knowledge of revenue recognition
- Excellent project management, oral communication, analytical and written skills
- Detail oriented
- Organized with a desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Advanced Excel and Word skills
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Preferred 2+ years of Accounts Receivable and/or revenue accounting experience
- Preferred accounting experience in Mobile Internet, e-commerce, telecommunications or Wi-Fi related industries
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products.Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA five years in a row and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.