Fair is seeking a self-motivated individual with 8 – 10 years of experience in corporate technical accounting, public accounting or a combination of the two for the full-time position of Senior Manager, Technical Accounting. The Senior Manager of Technical Accounting is a highly visible position regraded as a technical expert, actively involved in leading or participating in initiatives that support Fair’s business strategy. Such initiatives include assisting in the redesign or strengthening of accounting policies and processes that contribute to more efficient growth and operational effectiveness.
- Develop and disseminate technical accounting guidance and clearly and logically document the results of research and complex analyses and related conclusion;
- Provide transaction-oriented accounting and reporting assistance;
- Ensure the proper application of U.S. GAAP and assisting the financial reporting team with the preparation of financial reports and disclosures;
- Work proactively and collaboratively with business and finance leaders to understand current and on-going business negotiations or key contract terms and conduct research and evaluate the accounting treatment for proposed business transactions;
- Journaling and operationalization of complex transactions;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of new accounting standards and accounting policies;
- Develop and deliver corporate-wide finance and accounting training;
- Participate in due diligence with regard to mergers and acquisitions;
- Provide accounting guidance to Treasury team with respect to debt, equity and derivative transactions;
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of internal controls over Technical Accounting
- Anticipate and identify complex accounting issues, provide conclusions or alternative solutions, and work closely with supervisor and external auditors in resolving issues timely;
- Engage and collaborate with external advisors or consultants on complex or highly subjective financial reporting elements;
- 8-10 years of experience including public accounting experience at the manager/senior manager level
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA required.
- Expert knowledge of U.S. GAAP; an in-depth knowledge of Automotive Finance-specific accounting preferred
- Should be well versed in the application of GAAP, with experience relating to such areas as: business combinations, revenue recognition, lease accounting, asset impairments, stock-based compensation, segment reporting, and debt accounting.
- Demonstrates expertise in appropriate accounting treatment and reporting policies of routine and complex transactions
- Able to consistently make decisions in a timely manner based on the best available information and under tight deadlines and pressure
- Comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness
- Team player that has the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of management in a non-technical manner
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and manage such projects to a timely and successful completion.