Senior Manager, Strategic Planning and Analysis
*Please note: This position is based FT in Santa Barbara, CA
About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. We are seeking a Senior Manager, SP&A who will support Apeel’s overall strategy formulation and go-to-market efforts. We are looking for a Swiss-Army knife of skills, with strong problem-solving acumen, a critical perspective that can deliver actionable insights, and a passion for technology that makes an impact on the global food system.
As a key member of the Strategy team, the Senior Manager will be responsible for owning and executing projects involving deep research and analysis and producing deliverables which support Apeel’s commercial activities and ongoing company initiatives. By identifying, synthesizing and effectively communicating key takeaways from such projects, the Senior Manager will serve as a key resource for better understanding our business and driving informed decision making across the organization.
The Senior Manager will work across functions within the organization, acting as a representative among stakeholders of various teams such as: revenue, product, engineering, R&D, operations, and finance. This position requires both strong analytical and people skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize various initiatives, deep-dive into complex problems, and present analyses to large groups while influencing key stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Develop perspectives that guide our commercial strategy. This will be a diverse mandate covering many aspects of the business, such as: opportunity assessment, prioritization, and go-to-market strategies; geography-specific strategies; pricing and revenue; long-range planning; and “seeing the future” by monitoring and tracking industry trends. You will create data-driven models that support these solutions and present your findings across the organization.
- Work with Revenue to develop and improve customer success strategies, identify performance KPIs, track performance, and communicate value to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain visibility of the competitive landscape, assess potential market entrants and competitive technologies, and factor the implications of emerging competition on our strategic planning and go-to market efforts.
- Partner with functional teams to assess and plan new initiatives, provide buy-vs-build and strategic alternatives analyses, and manage projects across the full life-cycle.
What You Bring
- 7+ years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility – ideally in a fast-paced technology driven field, such as life sciences, software, biotech, energy and clean tech, investment banking, management consulting, or IT. Experience in food is a plus but not required.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with concentrations or significant coursework in finance, accounting, economics or other closely related fields. MBA preferred.
- Exceptional analytical and qualitative skills, with a knack for solving ambiguous and unstructured problems. Experience working with large data-sets and financial statements preferred.
- Ability to speak both visually and numerically - and communicate the results of your analyses to leadership teams and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize multiple stakeholders and projects, train and mentor junior staff, and work in a fast-paced highly collaborative team-based environment.
- A passion for technology and its implications for creating a better world.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.