Senior Manager, Corporate Finance
Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
The Viant Finance team seeks a Senior Manager, Corporate Finance, responsible for all aspects of financial planning and analysis including assignments used to assess the strategic initiatives of the company, such as M&A transactions and new product developments. This is a leadership role within the Finance team, reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Finance and collaborating closely with the Executive Vice President of Corporate Finance & Accounting and interfacing with the CFO and other key stakeholders. This is a hands-on, analytical, management role in a fast-paced environment requiring the ideal candidate to perform effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of all budgets, forecasts and supporting analysis, requiring the ability to build and maintain sophisticated Excel financial models utilizing the latest best practices and dynamic formulas.
- Preparation of the monthly financial reporting and analysis package consisting of: monthly actual vs. budget and prior year variance analysis, dashboards with executive commentary, EBITDA bridges, and reporting on a number of key performance indicators and ad hoc analyses to support business initiatives.
- Preparation of Board decks and associated support schedules, reports, presentations and other analysis for senior management to ensure management has access to timely and relevant data for strategic decisions.
- Providing leadership in re-designing and implementing changes and controls to automate and streamline current models and processes.
- Providing support and working closely with the CFO, the Corporate Finance team, and the Accounting staff.
- Advanced financial modeling skills; strong Excel experience required
- Strong analytical thinker with an eye for relevant detail, priority management and planning capabilities
- In depth understanding of key accounting concepts and the interaction between an income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions
- Strong communications skills to clearly present key issues and recommended actions
- Excellent interpersonal and refined relationship-building skills
- Ability to summarize low-level data into high-level executive management analysis and presentations
- Motivation, aptitude and presence to interact with and participate in projects with senior management
- Maintains trust and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to multi-task conflicting priorities simultaneously
- Self-starter who is consistently proactive and uses time efficiently and has a “figure it out” mentality
- Experience with and comfortable working through ambiguity and building processes / reporting from scratch
- Willingness to go the extra mile, manage own workload, and work overtime as needed
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
Education and/or Experience:
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- 2+ years of experience managing people and/or projects
- Experience in Big 4, investment banking, private equity or a private equity-backed company a plus
- Experience working at an AdTech/Digital Media company a plus
- BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, and/or Mathematics (CPA, MBA and/or CFA a plus)
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.
Read Full Job Description