Senior Financial Analyst
About REX - Real Estate Exchange, Inc.
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup with offices in Woodland Hills, CA, Austin, TX and the Bay Area. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of the REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017, REX expanded to 10 cities in 2018. And with a recently closed Series C, REX will expand to 14 new markets in 2019.
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to forecast revenues and expenditures and advise us on future planning. For this role, you should hold a degree in Finance or Accounting (ideally with a CFA certification) followed by relevant work experience. Knowledge of forecasting models and cost accounting processes are key requirements for this position. You will analyze and report on performance relative to goals, explore investment options and set company-wide financial policies.
Ultimately, you will ensure our financial planning is healthy and profitable and aligns with business objectives.
- Review accounting transactions for data accuracy
- Establish financial policies
- Maintain confidentiality of financial information and investment decisions
- Developing financial models through benchmarking and process analysis
- Forecasting quarterly and annual profits
- Preparing financial projections for REX businesses
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Transaction economics and analysis of business performance by service and market
- Explore investment options and present risk and opportunities
- Coordinate with the CFO and the executive team on long-term financial planning
- Analyze and report on historical performance and current financial status
- Compare anticipated and actual results and identify areas of improvement
- Facilitate budgeting for departments and projects
Experience & Qualifications
Our ideal candidate brings the following skills:
- Proven work experience as a Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst or similar role
- Ivy League school or otherwise top academic background
- Hands-on experience with financial and statistical software
- Expertise in MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and using advanced formulas)
- Familiarity with finance databases
- Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP)
- Up-to-date with accounting laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to present financial data using detailed reports and charts
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
- Nice to have – IPO experience.
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We started by funding the construction of a home for a family in Cambodia at the end of 2015. In addition to funding homes, the REX team regularly provides hands-on support to local nonprofits that provide shelter to families.