Senior Financial Accountant
SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
GameMine is building a world-class team that will drive the financial and operating execution for the company. We’re looking for a hands-on accounting expert who can monitor plans and goals across the organization, ensure best-in-class processes are installed, and collaborate effectively with teams to achieve them.
This is a key role on our Finance team as it builds best in class financial infrastructure and practices that will scale as the company grows. This role will require financial acumen and expert modeling skills to execute on the Finance team’s vision. The ideal candidate must combine technical accounting and analytical literacy with strong problem-solving skills to support decision making. The right candidate will have the unique opportunity to grow professionally and have a front row seat to strategic and tactical decision making.
What you'll do
- Gross Margin analysis and reporting for key lead generation activities, specifically supporting advertising spend decision making, to optimize results and manage exposure
- Continually improve visibility into performance of tactical spending, iterate on forecasts, and understand/explaining variance to targets
- Actionable Financial reporting – build corporate finance reports that support daily, weekly and monthly reporting cadences and review meetings that highlight key insights to facilitate decision making
- Monthly accounting processes including supporting accounting close and reporting
- Take ownership of carrier invoicing and preparation of monthly partner statements, responding frequently to inquiries and issues, and improving the flow and timing of the process
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, refine existing models, and break down complex models into components for analysis and internal/external reporting
- Planning & Budgeting - Track KPI’s and maintain rolling forecasts to ensure resources are being aligned to support broader growth objectives
- Support the building and implementation of financial systems and processes that help scale us from start-up to enterprise
- Special projects - new initiatives and opportunities are always happening
- Light supervisory responsibility for the bookkeeper and daily accounting activity, including responding to vendor payment inquiries and invoice reconciliation
- Expert Excel skills - your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive. You can handle complexity but strive for simplicity and flexibility in your models.
- You are inquisitive and able to seek and gather data for in-depth analysis
- You are accurate and timely on your work calendar. Best practices are second nature.
- Strong Finance acumen, ability and experience to think about financial outcomes and to ensure each dollar spent generates an expected return.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Cross-functional relationships and effective communication to non-financial audiences are critical to make an impact.
- Self-starter - you always look for ways to innovate and improve, and dont need to wait for people to tell you what to work on. You can’t help but ask what, why and how
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment- you thrive in dynamic environments and are able to operate with limited information and guidance at times
- Attention to detail meets high output - we need to do things quickly and we need to do them accurately
- 5-7 years in audit or corporate accounting, strategic finance, or corporate finance at either a high-growth technology startup or well-established company
Nice to haves
- Startup experience
- Experience with telco, internet advertising, and/or subscription-based business
- Experience with accounting systems, Xero experience a plus
- Advanced excel skills and/or capacity to ramp quickly - have the ability to identify, extract and manipulate large datasets
GameMine is the Netflix for mobile gaming. Users subscribe to get access to a catalog of 1000+ premium mobile games, advertising free. We are currently focused in international markets and are continuing expanding our footprint and product offering.