Senior / Accounts Receivable Specialist at NEXT Trucking
Greater LA Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:46 p.m. (PST) on Friday, January 31, 2020
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
What You'll Do
- Review and distribution of all daily mail
- Review and Process daily billing/invoices with Next Trucking Backend System
- General clerical duties as filing, printing, mailing including internet research
- AP Assistance as needed including data entry, file research, and file management
- Answering phones and sending/receiving emails from customers and vendors
- Monitor cash flow and work on cash forecast report weekly
- Prepare and book adjusting entries
- Review reconciliations of the accounting systems via operation systems
- Prepare and review financial statements Prepare and review commission statements Interaction with vendors and review of vendor aging report
- Filing and other administrative duties as assigned
- Perform daily processing and verifying of accounting transactions
- Reconcile discrepancies from the sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Set up new customers rates in different systems and work with operation In-charge on the actions of any uncollected accounts
- Maintain up-to-date billing system
- Follow up, collection and allocation of payments
- Reconciliation of customer and vendor accounts
- Monitoring customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and billing notes
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash, etc
- Prepare bank deposits, cash receipt and apply
- Investigate and resolve customer queries
- Communicating with customers via phone, email or mail
- Perform other administrative and ad-hoc reporting
What You'll Need
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail) MS Office (Excel and Word), Netsuite or other accounting systems
- Must be highly dependable and detail-oriented with the ability to manage many tasks
- Qualified candidates will be a team player with a minimum of a year applicable work
- Accrual experience is preferred
- Logistics, transportation, or freight industry experience is preferred, but not required.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile.
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
NEXT Trucking may collect your contact information, professional or employment-related history, and other identifiers which shall be used for the purpose of job applications.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description