We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Started in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for a highly driven and detail-oriented Senior Accounting Manager looking to add value, solve problems and join the rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we will replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern, technology first, marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As a Senior Accounting Manager, you will be managing day-to-day accounting activities. This includes developing and implementing systems across the accounting function, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasting and the development of internal control policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record in building and shaping the accounting function in a high growth technology startup or at a Big Four Accounting firm.
What you'll get to do
- Work closely with the leadership team to build a strong finance function that can support the company through its growth
- Manage accounting operations, including monthly and annual accounting closings
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies, procedures and internal controls
- Follow and comply with local, state, and federal reporting requirements including tax filings
- Assist in financial package preparation, review, and analysis
- Act as an entrepreneur with the team to get things done with autonomy
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA License required
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience required
- 3+ years at a Big Four Accounting firm
- Background in US GAAP and business processes
- Experience building financial processes and systems from the ground up
- Proven ability to succeed with minimal guidance
- Ability to partner, collaborate, problem solve and influence across functional areas
- Proactive, curious and critical thinker
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong written and verbal skills
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision (PPO)
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to? Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description