Senior Accounting Manager
At PatientPop, we believe healthcare providers should focus their attention on delivering quality care to patients. That's why we take a holistic approach to improving every digital touchpoint along the patient journey with the leading all-in-one practice growth solution.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work.
Our dedicated team brings a blend of experiences that drives innovation and customer success. Our culture of continuous innovation allows employees to thrive personally and professionally. And our bustling (dog-friendly!) offices are in an enviable location: just two blocks from the beach and around the corner from 3rd Street Promenade.
Now, we want you to be a part of it all.
How you will contribute:
As a Senior Accounting Manager, you will own and lead the accounting functions by developing infrastructure, systems, and processes and implementing best practices. The role is responsible for driving the month-end close, conceptualizing and owning process improvements and interpreting business decisions into GAAP compliant financials. You will make sure our month-end close process is built out while leading a team of accounting professionals and scaling the department quickly for best practices and timely reporting.
Skills you’ll bring:
- A CPA with a mix of Big 4 and private accounting experience, with 4+ years managing a team or operating in a management role
- Start-up experience a plus, preferably in SaaS
- A proactive, self-directed, problem-solving approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment while being extremely detailed with a high sense of urgency
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with an understanding of US GAAP and ability to document accounting conclusions, preferably regarding subscription-based ASC 606 revenue recognition principles
- Experience with the consolidation of multiple subsidiaries
- Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
Why you're important to us:
As a frontline manager, you will be an integral part of the accounting team and our business operations. You will be responsible for our financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP. Your sense of urgency, get it done attitude, and attention to detail will drive the accounting department to the next level as we scale.
In 90 days you will:
Own the monthly financial close in a timely and accurate manner, including preparation/review reconciliations of revenue, expenses, fixed assets, prepaid, accounts receivables, accruals, and variance analysis. You will manage our billings and revenue recognition and master the order to cash process while leading the implementation of a new ERP software. You will work closely with the Controller to evaluate opportunities for scale and growth and consider ways to drive efficiency and automation for IPO readiness.
PatientPop has one simple mission: help healthcare practices thrive. Our solution is the leading all-in-one practice growth platform that's HIPAA-compliant and helps providers promote their practice online, attract patients, and retain them for life. Learn more at patientpop.com
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.