The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Perform stock-based compensation accounting and reporting activities for the close to report process every month, including preparing and posting journal entries and variance analysis.
- Run various stock-based compensation (SBC) reports for the purpose of preparing and analyzing equity reconciliations and SBC adjustments.
- Prepare and analyze Black Scholes assumptions used in SBC fair value computations in accordance with ASC 718, including volatility, risk free rate, and expected term.
- Prepare equity award rollforward with appropriate reconciliations to supporting data.
- Prepare the Computershare Transfer Agent Reconciliation and Capitalization Table.
- Prepare the Statement of Stockholders’ Equity.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations for equity related accounts.
- Prepare SBC related deferred tax calculations and reconciliations for the Tax Team.
- Prepare SBC disclosures included in Forms 10-K and 10-Q filings.
- Prepare SBC reporting package for management.
- Prepare executive and director equity disclosures included in Proxy Statement filings.
- Compute quantity of equity award grants when awards denominated in dollars.
- Review severance agreements with equity modifications and calculate incremental SBC expense.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, including scenarios for grants and terminations.
- Liase with directors and officers for 10b5-1 activities and Form 4 filings.
- Interface with external auditors on equity/SBC matters for quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Prepare documentation and assist with SOX compliance activities related to equity and SBC.
- Assist the SEC and Technical Accounting Teams with other requests.
- Various special projects and analyses, as requested, such as the implementation of new accounting standards and SaaS solutions.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university
- CPA a plus
- 4 – 6+ years of work experience, including audit experience with a Big 4 firm
- Experience with public technology companies a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of public company financial statement preparation.
- Technical knowledge of accounting procedures and solid understanding of SEC Regulations and US GAAP, including stock-based compensation accounting in accordance with ASC 718.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly, and work independently.
- Strong team player with demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and positive, professional attitude
- Experience with E*Trade, including extracting and working with suite of EEO reports a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and complete projects within deadlines, including coordination between various offices and departments.
- Dependable with commitment to meeting Accounting deadlines. Willingness to work additional hours, as needed, to meet deadlines
- High level of integrity
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including creating and manipulating spreadsheets in Excel.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others, as appropriate, and proactively identify and prevent potential problems.
- Help drive process improvements to enable speed, efficiency and accuracy in the SBC and equity close to report processes
- General knowledge of SOX compliance requirements
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.