Viant's culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team at a leading and growing advertising technology company operating in a fast-paced industry. This role would be heavily involved in certain aspects of the financial close improvement process as the Company potential seeks to transition to an SEC compliant close and reporting cadence. This role will support the Accounting Supervisor with certain aspects of the financial close process and collaborate daily with other GL staff to strategize and tackle the coordination of the monthly financial close, handling of audits requests, process improvement projects, and other various internal reporting requests as needed.
- Accountable for certain aspects of the monthly financial close process and corresponding deadlines
- Prepare and perform financial statement flux analysis for assigned areas
- Coordinate and collaborate efficiently with other general ledger staff and other accounting personnel
- Leverage and research accounting pronouncements, as directed
- Prepare support for external auditors, as instructed
- Preparation of journal entries for accounting matters that require a senior accountant level skillset
- Prepare accurate and quality balance sheet reconciliations monthly
- Works closely with the Accounting Supervisor to maintain appropriate internal controls over certain aspects of accounting transaction processing and reporting, as directed
- Facilitate process improvements and efficiencies in the financial close process, as directed
- Work cross-functionally with other teams such as operations to streamline accounting processes, as directed
- Assist with special projects, as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- 3+ years relevant Accounting experience
- CPA in process or achieved active or inactive status preferred
- Solid knowledge of accounting and GAAP
- Big 4/regional firm audit/assurance experience preferred
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Strong attention to detail and high-level of accuracy
- Able to handle extremely sensitive information requiring the utmost discretion and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills: experience with ERP systems/Accounting software and advanced Excel skills required
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology LLC
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide-range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant is an Irvine-based company that designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. Capturing and analyzing data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors is essential for companies to improve the experience they provide to their customers—which is paramount to customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers on the move regardless of how they consume content in today’s fragmented media market. The company’s platform is fully RTB-enabled and delivers global scale through access to all leading inventory providers. Adelphic’s patented technology overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers. Founded in 2011, Adelphic was originally funded by Matrix Partners, Blue Chip Venture Company and Google Ventures.
Viant is a private, independent technology company following a management buyout from Meredith Corporation in late 2019. For more information please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.