Universal Music Group (UMG) currently has an opening for a Senior Accountant position within its Central Accounting Services (CAS) division. This position will support the general accounting close cycle and corporate reporting process across UMG's various labels and departments. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of combined frontline general ledger and/or corporate reporting experience, possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA credentials are preferred.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
What Bandmember Are You?
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities across multiple labels, including:
- Assist in the monthly financial close and reporting process
- Prepare and produce journal entries
- Prepare management financial packages, including financial reports, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting analytics to facilitate review of monthly close by senior finance management
- Provide support to various accounting teams as necessary to assist in month-end close, audit, SOX and 3rd party statement preparation
- Support special projects and process improvement initiatives
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- Have flexible work hours the last and first day of the month
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA or MBA preferred
- 3 to 5 years of broad general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience; public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with SAP or similar general ledger applications
- Strong Excel and Word skills required; Macros experience a plus
- Experience with HFM preferred
- Strong analytical skills required; along with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the US
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.