Senior Accountant at Your Super
We are a fun and fast-moving start-up based on improving people’s lives with the power of (super) plants. Here at Your Super, we all work hard and do whatever it takes to get the work done, but we like to have fun while we do it. Going beyond your job description is not out of the ordinary, and the idea of improving the world through the power of plants is what keeps us all going. Working here will inspire you to lead a healthier lifestyle, constantly being surrounded by plant-based treats and Your Super product. While these core values will never change, everything else about the company is constantly changing. Therefore we are looking for versatile people who thrive in a dynamic environment.
After closing our US Series A financing round we are looking to further scale. We have gone from 7 employees to 50, and right now we are looking to grow the team more at this very exciting time. With this employment opportunity, you have the chance to join the team early and become a crucial part of our success.
Are you ready to inspire a huge community of health lovers to live a healthier and happier life?
- Responsible for all inventory reporting and analysis. This includes inventory and production metrics, material usage variance analysis, and operating efficiency.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory transactions to ensure that perpetual inventory records are accurate.
- Review results of monthly/quarterly/annual physical inventory, ensuring accuracy for financial statements. Investigate and report on all inventory variances.
- Act as a financial partner to Operations team. This involves reviewing the financial results and working with Operations to help improve the financial performance of the inventory vendors.
- Lead inventory counts alongside Operations team (some travel required).
- Reconcile warehouse physical inventory results and develop results-based comparative reporting.
- Develop a strong understanding of the supply chain and costs associated to assist with allocating costs specific to product lines for product analysis.
- Prepare product cost information for new and existing products.
- Various Month and Year-End close tasks and reconciliations.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and internal controls.
- Assist with annual audits and external reporting requirements.
- Provide recurring and ad hoc management reporting and analysis as needed.
- Cost accounting or inventory accounting background
- CPA License
- Strong system skills with advanced Excel knowledge
- Extensive expertise with ERP Systems
- Must be able to understand Standard Costing & Inventory Count Processes
- Must be able to report on data in meaningful ways conducive to decision making on that data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, related business field, or equivalent experience required
- CPG/startup experience is a plus
- Excellent growth potential for a detail oriented person that is motivated to be part of a rapidly growing company.
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous vacation and remote work policy
- Dog-friendly office
- Bi-annual company retreat
- Class Pass Membership
- Internal Referral Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program