Senior Accountant at Enervee
Enervee is on a mission to change the way we all buy for our homes. To make every buying decision an energy-smart buying decision. We do this by bringing together the best in data science, behavioral science, digital product design and marketing. The result is a simple, seamless experience for consumers that has the potential to save a lot (and we mean a lot) of energy.
Today, energy companies across the US and Europe use Enervee’s applications and services to engage their customers in energy-smart decisions. Over 50 million customers, making decisions in more than 26 product categories (at last count).
We’re looking for a Rockstar Accountant to provide hands-on accounting operational support for our company. You will need to be both a team leader and strong individual contributor who takes full responsibility for accurate and timely financial data.
Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a dynamic, fast-paced and growing company.
What You'll Do:
- Manage month end closing, reconciliation and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Support revenue accounting operations including Contracts review, revenue recognition
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls and play a leading role in directing change initiatives and process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, regulatory requirements, and GAAP, as well as local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure appropriate controls are incorporated in the development of new systems with a relentless focus to ensure systems are both efficient and scalable
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Four plus years of experience in full cycle accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proven track record in improving, implementing and documenting processes to support growth, improve quality and reduce complexity
- Ability to gain the support of the organization for process improvement recommendations using good planning and influencing skills and provide training and coaching to support the transition
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Quickbooks, Bill.com, Expensify, SaaS Optics or similar subscription management services
- Startup/SaaS experience
- Passion for the environment and doing good
What You'll Get:
- Truly competitive benefits and stock options in a fast-growing start-up
- An excellent culture that grows increasingly more diverse
- Very fine coffee, nutritious and utterly delicious snacks, catered lunches, and an awesome work environment in downtown Culver City
- Unlimited PTO
- Company Happy Hours, Outings and Volunteer Events