Senior Accountant at Currency
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:20 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, October 29, 2020
Currency is dedicated to disrupting e-commerce by designing financial technology that unlocks the free flow of capital and opportunity for our customers. Based on the West Coast, we are one of the fastest growing fintech firms thanks largely to our vision and our diverse, collaborative, and talented teams. We are looking for motivated and passionate individuals looking to innovate and disrupt the fintech industry and have some fun doing it.
Who you are:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant with a CPA to oversee general accounting operations. You will prepare and review financial statements and manage the month-end close process. You will lead, manage, and mentor a team of accountants.
Currency’s Accounting Team is a sophisticated, dynamic and fast-paced group focused on diligent information processing and recording while having an immense responsibility to remit payment for all internally funded deals. Not only do we document transactions, we also have a multi-departmental focus and interact closely with the Funding, Client Advocacy, and other operations teams to ensure seamless transactions for external and internal customers. Our team truly weaves together the fabric of all teams of the organization to accurately prepare and report financial statements. We promote cultivation of better practices by sharing ideas and innovative processes.
- Prepare accurate, timely journal entries in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department.
- Prepare internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Assume responsibility for various aspects of the monthly and quarterly closes, including compilation and recording of journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analyses.
- Perform the review of various month-end financial management reports and investigate variances and issues identified.
- Prepare and/or assist with assembling the schedules for the year-end audit, including facilitation of external audit requests.
- Review all tasks performed and completed by the staff accountants
- Ability to technically conclude and prepare white paper analyses
- Analyze financial information by producing reports and presenting their results
- Develop and implement accounting procedures while recommending modifications
- Liaise with management to improve financial procedures
- Support management team with ad hoc requests
- 2-4 years of progressive accounting experience, including at least 2 years in public accounting at a large national firm or reputable regional firm
- BS/BA degree in Accounting required
- CPA required
- Proven track record to meet deadlines
- Proven experience as a senior accountant
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Public accounting or internal audit experience
- Self-driven and comfortable in a fast-changing, dynamic environment with ambitious schedules and plans
- Team first mentality and positive can-do attitude
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Ability to multitask and stay organized.
- Hold self and others accountable. Show a strong level of discipline and focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Experience with Sage, Sage Intacct or Acumatica preferred
Perks and Benefits:
We have created a company culture complete with:
· Flexible paid time off
· Casual dress code
· Office happy hours and wellness events
· Generous paid parental leave
· Competitive compensation
As a result, our employees are excited to come to work to grow personally, financially, and professionally.
Check us out on LinkedIn!
Read Full Job Description