Senior Accountant at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who will work closely with the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for compiling various financial information to assist in preparing Clutter’s financial statements and management reports as well as one-off projects on an ad-hoc basis.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare materials for internal and external reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Prepare various reconciliations and analysis of account activity on the balance sheet, income statement
and various elements of the cash flow
- Update the monthly internal reporting package for key metrics used by the business
- Support special “one-off” projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Support the requests made by tax and financial auditors
- Support the Procurement and Revenue cycles across various regions
- Improve and document general processes for all facets of the various revenue streams
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience in a public, private or start-up company
- 1-2 years of GL Accounting Experience with knowledge in preparing journal entries and performing month-end procedures
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accounting principles
- Experience in operating systems including NetSuite
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as superior attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proactive person who can multitask, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- A detail-oriented individual who has a high sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.