Currency is dedicated to disrupting e-commerce by designing financial technology that unlocks the free flow of capital and opportunity for our customers through our revolutionary POS platform. Based on the West Coast, we are one of the fastest growing fintech firms thanks largely to our vision and our diverse, collaborative and talented teams. We are looking for motivated and passionate individuals looking to innovate and disrupt the fintech industry and have some fun doing it.
Who you are:
You will be responsible for handling many day-to-day and month-end tasks within the accounting department; including account reconciliations, data entry, and management of accounting systems. You will be responsible for maintaining required and appropriate internal controls on a day-to-day basis, including adherence to the COSO framework.
This position is a key member of the corporate accounting and finance team. You will work collaboratively with other departments throughout the company. This position also requires a great deal of independent thinking and analytical skills to allow for a high level of problem-solving capabilities, as well as the ability to research and conclude on the treatment for complex technical accounting matters.
- Prepare accurate, timely journal entries in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department
- Work closely with the Lead Senior Accountant on day-to-day, month-end, quarterly, and year-end activities, as well as special projects, as needed
- Assume responsibility for various aspects of the monthly and quarterly closes, including compilation and recording of journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analyses
- Perform the review of various month-end financial management reports and investigate variances and issues identified
- Prepare and/or assist with assembling the schedules for the year-end audit, including facilitation of external audit requests
- Research complex technical accounting matters and work with the Lead Senior Accountant to conclude on the appropriate treatment; and, prepare memos to document accounting positions/treatments
- Assist in various intercompany activities and be responsible for the processing and review of key subsidiary account activity
- Play a key role in general process improvements including formal documentation of the Company’s key financial accounting processes (e.g. revenue recognition, treasury, accounts payable, expenses, and payroll)
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Proactive with a self-directed approach and the ability to think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask, strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Experience with Sage, Sage Intacct or Acumatica preferred
- Experience in maintaining schedules and close documentation is a must
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent verbal and written skills
- 2-4 years of progressive accounting experience, including at least 2 years in public accounting at a large national firm or reputable regional firm
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license/certification preferred
Perks and Benefits:
We have created a company culture complete with:
- Flexible paid time off
- Casual dress code
- Office happy hours
- Team sports
- Trips to Las Vegas, Palm Springs, etc...
- Continuous professional development
As a result, our employees are excited to come to work in the morning and grow personally, financially, and professionally.
Check us out on LinkedIn!