Currency is one of the fastest growing fintech firms on the West Coast and you have the opportunity to be a key contributor to that growth. We design financial technology that unlocks the free flow of capital and opportunity for our customers through our revolutionary POS driven technology platform that generates and executes financial transactions for businesses and consumers. We have an A+ team but are excited to bring on more motivated individuals with an insatiable appetite for success, in order to raise the bar even higher.
Currency is dedicated to revolutionizing e-commerce and POS transactions through technological innovation. Our underwriting and payments processing products are changing the way buyers and sellers connect and complete a transaction. We are driven by unlocking capital and opportunity for our customers.
Who you are:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant with a CPA to oversee general accounting operations. You will prepare and review financial statements and manage the month-end close process. You will lead, manage, and mentor a team of accountants.
Currency’s Accounting Team is a sophisticated, dynamic and fast-paced group focused on diligent information processing and recording while having an immense responsibility to remit payment for all internally funded deals. Not only do we document transactions, we also have a multi-departmental focus and interact closely with the Funding, Client Advocacy, and other operations teams to ensure seamless transactions for external and internal customers. Our team truly weaves together the fabric of all teams of the organization to accurately prepare and report financial statements. We promote cultivation of better practices by sharing ideas and innovative processes.
- Prepare internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
- Ability to technically conclude and prepare white paper analyses
- Analyze financial information by producing reports and presenting their results
- Develop and implement accounting procedures while recommending modifications
- Liaise with management to improve financial procedures
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations
- BS/BA degree in Accounting required
- CPA required
- Proven track record to meet deadlines
- Proven experience as a senior accountant
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Public accounting or internal audit experience
- Self-driven and comfortable in a fast-changing, dynamic environment with ambitious schedules and plans
Perks and Benefits:
We have created a company culture complete with:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Casual dress code
- Office happy hours
- Team sports
- Trips to Las Vegas, Palm Springs, etc...
And not to mention, a great compensation structure. As a result, our employees are excited to come to work in the morning and grow personally, financially, and professionally.
Check us out on LinkedIn!