Fuel Cycle is seeking a Senior Accountant, reporting to the Sr. Director, Finance, to support the Accounting & Finance functions within the company. As a Senior Accountant, you will be primarily responsible for assisting in all areas of Accounting and supporting Finance with adhoc projects and reporting. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who’s seeking to gain more exposure to all aspects of Accounting while progressing their career in a fun, challenging environment. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, hands-on, flexible, and able to simultaneously manage diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-moving role that requires someone who can exercise good judgment and take initiative to solve problems with minimal direction.
Fuel Cycle is an LA-based SaaS company building customer intelligence solutions for the world’s leading enterprises. With Fuel Cycle, companies rapidly engage and interact with customers for real-time feedback and insights to make better business decisions, grow revenues, and retain customers.
Headquartered in LA, with a satellite office in NYC. We offer you friendly coworkers, food, snacks and coffee straight from our kitchens, office happy hours and fun company events. We provide excellent benefits such as health, vision, and dental. We also offer supplemental benefits such as AD&D, life insurance, pet insurance, 401k and much more.
- Manage all Accounting operations including A/R, A/P, Payroll, Expense Reports, and journal entries
- Assist month-end closing and prepare timely monthly financial statements.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting and creating financial models
- Assist in annual audit and prepare supporting documentation for auditors and tax advisers
- Improve and monitor internal controls
- Provide various analytical reports as requested by senior management
- Process tax and regulatory reporting
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA candidate desired
- 2+ years of progressively responsible accounting & finance experience
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting and finance practices
- Proficient in QuickBooks and other accounting software packages
- Expert Excel and PowerPoint user
- Experienced utilizing Salesforce
- Highly detail oriented, deadline driven, and able to work autonomously
- Able to analyze and solve problems quickly and creatively with attention to detail
- Able to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment, while demonstrating strong planning and prioritization skills
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Previous experience working in a start-up or SaaS software environment preferred