Senior Accountant, General Ledger
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant, General Ledger, is responsible for day-to-day accounting activities, active participation in the month-end close process, account reconciliations, journal entries, financial reporting disclosure preparation, SOX compliance, and various other special projects. The primary focused responsibilities are lease accounting (ASC 842) and the correlated accounts. These responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the global lease accounting process for new leases, renewals, subleases, buildouts or building acquisitions with the respective cross functional team - Accounting, Finance, Global Tax, Global Real Estate, Legal and Technical Accounting.
- Review lease contracts and analyze for appropriate accounting treatment in conjunction with our Technical Accounting team
- Create and maintain lease liability amortization schedules, record related monthly journal entries, and prepare associated account reconciliations
- Research and contribute to the implementation of a lease accounting software solution
- Support compliance with GAAP, including performing accounting research and preparing technical accounting memos, as needed
- Adhere to and provide thorough documentation of SOX processes and controls related to the General Ledger and related processes
- Assist with annual external audit, quarterly reviews, and other audits as necessary
- Participate in ad-hoc projects, as necessary
WHO YOU ARE:
- Demonstrated ability to research technical accounting matters, apply findings to accounting practices, and document the conclusions in a professional manner (in-depth knowledge and practical application of ASC 842-Leases, a plus)
- At least 2 years of experience with a public accounting firm or in an accounting department at a publicly traded international company
- A four-year degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills, including Vlookups, pivot tables, and nested formulas
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks for varying stakeholders and to work under pressure in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience with an ERP System (Oracle Cloud experience a plus)
- Experience with lease accounting software a plus
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.