Royalty Clerk at Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world's leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. Our vast catalogue of recordings and songs stretches back over a century and comprises the largest, most diverse and culturally rich collection of music ever assembled. Knowing that music, a powerful force for good in the world, is unique in its ability to inspire people and bring them together, we work with our artist and employees to serve our communities. We are the home for music's greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs. Together, we are UMG, the Universal Music Group.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Artist Royalty Clerk. In this role, you will be assisting the International artist royalty team in analysing artist repertoire to ensure that we are accurately reporting royalties to artists and third parties in accordance with the applicable agreements and licenses.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
- Set up releases in accordance with contracts
- Mainframe data entry
- Perform adjustments to artist statements as necessary
- Assist with daily inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist with Month-end tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Prior royalty experience preferred
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.