Royalty Analyst at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking an Analyst in its Copyright Royalties Department. The Analyst will, among other things: interpret Letters of Direction ("LOD"), identify exploitation of assets, research song ownership, verify and assign copyright ownership splits with internal and external parties as required. The position requires focus, diligence, and accuracy, all accomplished in a fast-paced environment. The Specialist must be agile and adaptable, organized and dependable – showing character and care for the work produced. The role also requires the ability to cultivate effective relationships with publishing partners and other third parties.
- Interpret Letters of Direction (LOD) and supporting documents from publishers, evaluate claims and decide on a course of action
- Research song ownership based on provided schedules, cross reference with UMG metadata and update each applicable instance in UMG systems.
- Contact internal and external parties as required to verify copyright ownership splits
- Assign copyright ownership splits and payment direction to all associated products and sales channels for a given asset
- Maintain contact records and update systems accordingly
- Provide notifications and status reports as required by North American Copyright Royalties policies
- Update or create & assign royalty accounts for all verified publisher shares
- Utilize UMG applications to produce efficient strategies for completing catalog updates
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong quantitative, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Learning agility
- Bias to action
- Perseverant and accountable
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Collaborative nature
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of P.C. and mainframe computer systems
- Available to work overtime as needed
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced skills in UMG systems: TRACS, RDW, CLA
- Industry or publishing experience (preferred)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite 2007 or above (all applications) especially Excel and OneNote.
- BA Music Industry (preferred)
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.