LegalZoom is the nation’s leading provider of personalized, online legal solutions and legal documents for small businesses and families. We are a high-growth, fast-paced company, with a mission to disrupt the legal industry by bringing great legal help to people at a reasonable price. We believe in hard work, passion for what we do and how we deliver, and innovate in all areas of the organization.
We are looking for an experienced individual to play a critical role in our revenue accounting function. This position will be responsible for supporting our daily and month-end close revenue accounting and business-to-business reporting related processes. These will include but not necessary be limited to daily accounts receivable Invoicing and application of cash receipts, journal entries, initiating check requests relating to revenue share for our business partners, analyzing and recording bank transactions, analyzing balance sheet accounts, as well as a variety of ad hoc analyses and reports. The candidate is also expected to have a basic understanding of ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
What you’ll do:
- Analyze, reconcile, document revenue related balance sheet accounts in connection with the fiscal close
- Review and analyze partner contracts, identifying key areas specific to revenue recognition
- Timely invoicing for various business partners and application of cash receipts
- Update receivables by maintaining AR aging schedules and addressing uncollected balances
- Work on assigned duties relating to the close including accrual journal entries, adjustments, and revenue transaction uploads, in accordance with the company’s revenue recognition policies and revenue accounting standards
- Assist in strengthening and optimizing processes
- Create and upload journal entries and maintain journal entry log
- Assist with documenting policies and procedures for internal control formalization
- Work actively and timely with external auditors
- Work on ad hoc projects, analyses when requested
- 2-3 years public and/or industry accounting experience. Technology/SaaS industry experience is preferred and a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- General Ledger or revenue accounting experience.
- CPA preferred, or expected track to CPA obtainment within 2 years. Must already have obtained all finance and accounting units required to sit for the CPA exam in California
- Ability to interact and work with various business units to resolve issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Strong technical accounting background and excellent documentation skills
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills and managing large data files
- Specialization pluses: knowledge of Oracle cloud or JD Edwards accounting software, revenue software tools engine
LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.