Revenue Accountant at sweetgreen
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
We are looking for a Revenue Accountant to join our Accounting team!
- Review, reconcile and import store’s daily sales from the Point of Sales (POS) system into the general ledger
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations to match cash deposits with sales
- Reconcile and monitor daily/weekly cash processes
- Compare cash deposited in the bank versus cash entered into safe for pickup
- Ensure stores are funding weekly change orders, tracing amounts back to the smart safe reporting
- Calculate and review weekly cash over/short for each store, reaching out to store managers and area leaders when needed to resolve differences
- Assist store operators with troubleshooting safe deposit issues, answering questions as they arise
- Prepare journal entries for sales discounts not recorded in POS
- Prepare journal entries to record each store’s 3rd party delivery sales and associated courier commissions and fees
- Responsible for maintaining accounts receivable for catering and off premise sales
- Prepare and send out customer invoices
- Monitor accounts receivable aging to ensure timely collections
- Apply cash deposits to outstanding invoices
- Assist in the monthly close process including balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis and period end reporting
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business
- Proficiency with Excel and its functions
- Ability to pick up computer programs quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- 1-2 years of accounting experience, preferably with restaurant or other multi-unit industries
- Experience with sales to cash reconciliation, discrepancy resolution a plus
- Prior experience with full ERP accounting system and a focus on general ledger accounting a plus
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.