Project Controls Clerk
PROJECT CONTROLS CLERK
Boingo is looking for a Project Controls Clerk to manage the financials of our distributed antenna systems (“DAS”), small cell, multifamily and Wi-Fi build projects to ensure that operational and accounting requirements are met each month. The candidate will be responsible for the timely and accurate tracking and reconciliation of cost and revenues related to build projects within our operational portfolios.
Do you have a passion for details? Love to be organized? Always on the lookout for ways to be helpful? In this role you will be part of a cross-functional team, responsible for managing and executing the Wi-Fi, DAS, multifamily and small cell Project Cost Control charters.
- Project cost control management – create, manage, and maintain project cost tracking sheets
- Timely notification of operational and/or project management personnel of potential budget overruns to request revisions and approvals for the revised budgets
- Assisting cross-functional teams with project cost data clean-up (e.g., PO revisions, invoice revisions, cost transfers, etc.)
- Preparation of project cost details and/or summaries in response to ad hoc requests from internal and/or external third parties
- Manage timely multi-stage project closeout process with Accounting
- Ongoing review of open projects and coordination for timelines of project close-outs including working with operational and/or project management personnel to ensure receipt of executed certificates and/or other executive approvals required to commence the project close-out process
- Weekly synchronization with Accounting and other cross-functional teams to reconcile the listing of projects scheduled to close each month
- Review and reconciliation of all project associated costs including identification of related accruals that are required for costs incurred but for which invoices have not yet been received
- Work with operational management to ensure that final project costs have been reviewed and approved
- Preparation of detailed preliminary and final project close-out PDF packages to enable Accounting to prepare month-end accounting estimates and/or initiate project close-out and creation of the project fixed asset in a timely manner in accordance with the monthly financial close calendar
- Customer invoicing milestone tracking for Wi-Fi projects to ensure customers are timely and accurately invoiced
- Identification of projects with revenues to ensure that projects are set-up correctly and that appropriate certificates are received from customers to ensure that milestone invoices have been submitted
- Management of business line dashboards to allow for business line planning and reporting
- Venue level analytics as required, including multi-dimensional financial analyses
- Ensure adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley and company policies and procedures
- Escalate and resolve budget related issues
- Cross-functional coordination to resolve issues related to Operations, Finance, Procurement, Project Accounting and Project Management Office
- Troubleshooting administrative and procedural issues
- Management and archival of supporting documentation
- Project cost forecasting/modeling
- Assist with various automation efforts
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting or procurement
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate internal and external discussions
- Solid understanding of project accounting
- Familiarity with CapEx / OpEx cost accounting and impacts of both
- Understanding or purchasing, preferably in a telecom environment
- Understanding of Accounts Payable processes and resolution
- Understanding of accrual-based accounting and the accruals process
- Exposure to and understanding of general ledger accounts and purchase order/invoice coding
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, vlookup, hlookup, etc.)
- Proficiency in other MS Office applications (PPT and Word), SharePoint, Atlassian tools (Wiki, JIRA, Tempo), Smartsheets and Oracle Fusion (or equivalent ERP software) preferred
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.