OpenX is seeking a Payroll Manager who is pro-active, self-directed and sets a high quality bar for themselves and their work product. Primary responsibilities include processing multi-state domestic and international payroll. The position will report to the Corporate Controller and will partner with the HR and Legal Departments to ensure accurate end to end processing of payroll.
Primary responsibilities include managing and processing of multi-state domestic and international payroll. The Payroll Manager will have a prominent role in this fast-paced, high growth company to ensure accuracy with current payroll processes, seek opportunities to upgrade internal controls and efficient processes with a focus on accuracy and quality of employee service. The Payroll Manager will also manage relationships with external vendors on system implementations, interfaces, upgrades and enhancements.
- Manage the semi-monthly and monthly payroll function for 500+ employees, across five countries
- Responsible for timely and accurate payroll processing, including on-boarding new employees, processing time records, maintaining payroll control records, and calculating compensation
- Prepare payroll related journal entries and monthly general ledger reconciliations for payroll and benefits account
- Provide payroll and compensation reporting to support monthly close, year-end audits, quarterly tax filings, financial KPI’s and ad hoc management analysis
- Review current payroll processes, seeking opportunities to upgrade internal controls and create more efficient process flows, with attention to the accuracy and quality of employee service
- Ensure payroll and tax compliance standards are applied for international, federal and state regulatory requirements
- Maintain accurate and complete employee records and payroll documentation to support regulatory, legal and audit compliance
- Lead system upgrades and enhancements to improve interfacing between HRIS, ERP and third party payroll systems
- Support the 401k administrative function, vendor relationship management, process timely contributions, and work with benefits manager on annual 401k audit fieldwork
- Ensure that employee stock option exercises are properly recorded and taxes are remitted in compliance with federal and international guidelines
- Research complex payroll issues, drawing on expertise from online research tools, the legal and tax departments and external service providers
- Maintain and update timekeeping database for multi-state hourly time records
- Maintain employee data, handle employee questions and follow-up emails
- Provide guidance for wage and hour laws for both federal, state and international jurisdictions
- Must have 5+ years of payroll experience and relevant management experience
- Must have worked with a payroll size of 500+ employees, including multi-state and international
- Strong understanding of best practices and procedures for the payroll function
- Ability to apply knowledge of federal, state and international regulations
- Strong customer orientation with excellent verbal and written communication skills to partner and build collaborative working relationships with employees and business groups
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented mindset and a high sense of urgency
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handling multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods
- Must be team oriented with a positive attitude to fit our culture
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality a must
- Proficiency with Workday and ADP preferred
- Familiarity of Oracle Cloud ERP – AP module functionality a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from a major university
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is a plus
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast