The payroll coordinator is responsible for all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s multi-state payroll processing objectives with a high degree of confidentiality. This position requires an extremely detail oriented person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations. This position will review and ensure accuracy of approved time sheets, track and deduct all garnishments, and other special payroll deductions.
What you'll do:
- Prepare and process payroll for all entities in US and international.
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to company policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and irregularities.
- Reconcile payroll to general ledger.
- Prepare payroll journal entries.
- Responsible for payroll systems maintenance.
- Comply with local, state and federal payroll regulations and respond to questions and special requests from regulatory agencies.
- Research laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures.
- Coordinate with HR and benefits about changes in payroll (e.g. terminations, new hires, LOA).
- Produce reports for audit requests both internal and external.
What we're looking for:
- Solid understanding of federal and state wage and hour laws including payroll, taxes, withholding, deductions and garnishments
- Hands-on experience in an accounting environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Skilled in MS Excel and MS Word
- Proficient with ADP Workforce Now payroll system
- Thorough understanding of payroll processing, procedures, and payroll tax reports
- At least 5 years of experience processing payroll
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Finance required
- Bachelor degree desired but not required
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.