Payroll and Benefits Specialist at Laserfiche
Are you a knowledgeable and aspiring Payroll and Benefits Specialist looking for an opportunity to advance your career? We are looking for a qualified Payroll and Benefits Specialist to join our accounting team and help us perform payroll accounting and administrative duties.
You will perform payroll accounting and administrative duties, to include payroll software maintenance, earning and deduction codes maintenance, retirement plan management and maintenance, payroll processing and auditing, payroll reporting, time off accruals maintenance and audit, processing tax form filing and reporting, and general payroll conflict resolution. This role is also responsible for reconciling all benefit deductions and provide monthly reports to the Finance team.
Laserfiche is the leading global provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. The Laserfiche® platform enables organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses. Customers in every industry—including government, education, financial services and manufacturing—use Laserfiche® to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
- Prepare, maintain, and/or process information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding and other information
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Audit timecards and send a reminder to employees to complete/correct their timesheets.
- Manage the annual non-discrimination testing for 401(k) and FSA, along with the 401(k) audit and Forms 5500
- Track compensation and benefits benchmarking data
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Ensure compliance with current federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Conduct periodic payroll and benefits audits, prepare and present reports
- Provide reports for management as assigned
Ensure Payroll System Optimization:
- Analyze and report the need for system enhancement or customization.
- Support the implementation/maintenance of various modules within our HRIS
- Data entry/maintenance into the HRIS system and assure data integrity of HR information globally
- Determine the validity of other modules within (HRIS) and ensure current modules are being utilized and optimized to the fullest
- Work closely and collaboratively with Benefits Administration in ensuring open enrollment system functionality meets the needs of the organization and reflects the accuracy of the benefits renewal rates and policy.
Analytics to Include:
- Create, generate, and maintain effective HR reporting, including turnover, headcount, recruiting, organization charts, and other key metrics to drive organizational effectiveness.
- Develop a dashboard of HR-Payroll and Benefit metrics to be presented at monthly, quarterly, and annual senior leadership meetings.
- Develop and generate ad-hoc reports to provide HR with timely and accurate payroll and benefit contribution related
- I-9 audit and maintenance
- Assist benefits administration in Federal & State PDL, PFL, FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, AB1825, 5500, EEO compliance
- Manage employment verification requests
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources or related field is required
- 5+ years of functional experience with payroll processing
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with payroll software
- Ability to maintain a strong level of confidentiality
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.
***Please note that this is NOT a remote role***