Manager, Union Royalty Audits
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world's leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. Our vast catalogue of recordings and songs stretches back over a century and comprises the largest, most diverse and culturally rich collection of music ever assembled.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Manager, Union Royalty Audits. In this role, you will assist our Senior Director, Royalty Audits, respond to SAG-AFTRA H&R Fund and AFM SPF, MPTF, and EPF union audit claims. You will research support documents including artist royalty statements, artist record contracts, label copy, internal data bases, union contribution history and recording studio session payments and pension contributions.
The ideal candidate will have music industry institutional knowledge, a commitment for detailed excellence and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of royalty staff, management, UMG's third-party service bureau, (Team Music), and the union's internal audit staff and external audit firms in a rapidly changing industry.
- Research support documents to validate or challenge SAG-AFTRA H&R and AFM union audit claims.
- Calculate pension obligations due AFM Employer Pension Fund based on recording studio session payments.
- Review artists setup data in AFTRAz data base for union compliance. Provide settlement update corrections.
- Obtain artist, production company and record label details and deal types from recording contracts.
- Create Excel spreadsheets of compiled research findings that support audit claim responses.
- Calculate interest due on audit claims and calculate balances available from advance audit payments.
- Maintain research document files to expedite future audits. Special projects as assigned.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills. Attention to detail. Plan and prioritized work.
- Proficient in music industry AFTRAz software, SAP UniPort, and Excel. Strong music research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Availability to work overtime as required. Maintain confidentiality.
- Union audit experience at a major record company, and knowledge of union labor agreements
- Four years of college in business or equivalent music industry experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.